Monday, September 8, 2008

"Spark-ling" an Idea... Level 6...

Ok, here comes ASSIGNMENT 2!!

I had a lot problems trying to work this piece of Assignment out.. like a lot...

At first, I thought there were 2 parts to the assignment. So I actually completed the "Classical Guitar" abstraction thinking I was halfway through, then I realised I misunderstood the lecturer. I was supposed to take a picture and "abstract" it into a "sign" to be placed somewhere in the campus.

As I worked through the 2nd part of the assignment (Assignment 2) yesterday night, I made yet another blunder. I overwrote the trace of the photograph by accident and that was 2 hrs of hard work *flushed* down the drain. Nonetheless, after re-tracing the photograph, I was excited all over again and worked through the various levels of abstraction.

And... here it is...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Irving,

If you intend to use the man, the abstraction should be a progression towards simplicity. You did that, but the abstraction is not very natural. Please make appointment to see me on Monday so that I can sketch your some ideas.