Thursday, September 4, 2008

"Spark-ling" an Idea... Level 4...

Rough Sketch for what I "Love"

I have selected the 2nd piece of work from my thumbnail sketches and modified to become what it is above. For the first one, it retained most of the elements from the thumbnail sketches (i.e. the character, the way the characters move). However, I felt it does not really represent me and decided to create a character which looks more like me (i.e. the bespectacled version). As I have mentioned in my previous post, the problem with this piece was [Clarity] of message. Although it does communicate that I love staying cheerful and happy, more so after the addition of cheerful colours, my classmates were unable to tell the alphabets at first glance. During the design process, I've added in "hair" for the character to better exaggerated the characters but it didn't help much. I will be working on it further for my prototype!

Rough Sketch for what I "Hate"

The idea for these 2 designs sparked from the 2nd and 3rd designs in my thumbnail sketches. In my thumbnail sketch, I realised the designs were very "gentle" and thus the design faced some form of [Graphical dissonance]. My classmates mentioned that it did not communicate any form of hatred in it. (Time to splash some blood and add some gore into it... Haha!) The deisgns above are a combination of the 2nd and 3rd designs. I personally like the fact that no colours are used as this can effectively bring across a kind of "dead" and "morbid" feel to the fonts.

I will be uploading my prototypes soon! Struggling with photoshop and illustrator!
[x_o]"

No comments: