My font designs for "LOVE" are all on the left...
The top left most is the first "LOVE" design and it goes vertically down until the 4th design on the bottom left.
My font designs for "HATE" are all on the right...
The top right most is the first "HATE" design and it goes vertically down until the 4th design on the bottom right.
During the small group discussions, my group members preferred the 2nd design on the left. There was [Integration between the Alphabets and the Graphic] unlike the 3rd design on the left where the font used was part of the graphs without any integration. However, the 2nd design was lacking in [Clarity] as it was difficult for the audience to make out my name.
The last design on the bottom left was lacking in [Clarity] as the focus was on the graphic instead of the font for my name. The message for the second design was clear, however, it "suffered" from the problem of [Differentiation or Graphical Dissonance].
As for the "HATE" designs, my group members actually preferred the last design which shows a hand about to raise his middle finger and the fonts were presented on the palm using palm lines. However, there was no [Integration between the Alphabets and the Graphic]. Although symbols were used to portray vulgarities, it was written very neatly and it did not bring across any anger or hate visually.
In conclusion,
[Inferior Graphics] was not too much of an issue for my sketches. The main area I need to work on will probably be on the [Clarity] of my message.
3 comments:
Hi Irving! Naomi here.
I like your "love" idea. I can tell that you like staying cheerful because all characters look very cheerful and happy, and bright colours are used. However, maybe you can put in less details and make the people look more like letters. I think that way the outline will stand out more.
I like the "hate" drawing of the hang too. The artwork is really nice! But somehow I don't really feel that you hate it, so maybe you can try improving on that. Other than that, I think the idea is good. The palm lines should stand out more with colour.
See you!
Hi Irving,
It is good to be self-critical, and this has been demonstrated by your evaluating your own work using the performance criteria that we identified in class.
More...in a while.
Hi,
1. Like: 1st and 2nd has potentials and worth developing further with ink. 2nd piece - would be good if the second man bent more to represent R. 2nd and 4th hate pieces suffers from graphic dissonance. But 4th piece has good integration. 1st hate piece worth developing further. Rethink.
Post a Comment