Monday, October 6, 2008

Poster

Ok... this is last minute... in fact... past last minute... my unfinished product!


10 comments:

Yiling said...

Maybe there should be more lights on all the buildings and make it glaring so that it will be clear that there is TOO much light being wasted? I think in addition also need to make it clear why the wastage of too much light is bad...

Anonymous said...

Maybe you can put the justifications of why you chose light pollution e.g. it affects migratory birds and waste electricity?

I think the lights aren't bright enough to look like light pollution?

Cheers,
Nadya Huang

michaelchen said...

I agree with Alfred that the light is dim. I think you can integrate your disconnecting image with the text. Maybe shape the 'T' and the 'P' in terms of a disconnected plug?

Alan said...

Interesting idea you got there irving. Perhaps more 'glaring lights' to emphasize your point about light pollution.

mtrayu said...

Hello,
the place looks very dim and it doesn't look like it is polluted by lights. Maybe you can do an overexposed effect on the building?

Regards,
Ong Chiew Ling

Vera said...

hi,

I'm not exactly sure what light pollution is, but i doubt that it's harmful enough to want me to stop it, from the way its presented in your poster. Perhaps you could highlight why it is "bad" in your poster?
The poster looks very nice however. Cheers!

zhongming said...

Hey Irving,

The poster looks nice and beautiful, but the point is that I can't see where got "pollution"..Though I think that you want to show that we can see no more stars in the sky, it is hard to express graphically, maybe you can add some explanation by words.

And the color cntrast is also not obvious, its too dark. The theme of "light" is not outstanding at all, it will be better if you improve more on this part.

Anonymous said...

Hi Irving,

I like your concept. To emphasise light pollution further, the lights in the poster should be more glaring. If you want to add a few stars, they should be very faint to emphasise your point that they can't be seen clearly in the night sky.

Further information should be included about your concept too as it is not a widely heard term.


Jofid.

Anonymous said...

hey i think you got a good idea there but definitely can play up on the harmful effect of light pollution? Because this looks like a normal night scene. but i like the buildings !

six zero said...

Light pollution is a very challenging topic as it's very easily to make the lights look beautiful rather than showing the're polluting. Maybe you can leave more space on the sky and draw few stars and make sure they're the focus and nicer than the lights.

your work is very eye-pleasing. Looking forward to your final version~