Monday, August 25, 2008

"Spark-ling" an Idea... Level 1...

I love doodling... but most of my "art pieces" resides in my lecture notes...

... and they are ugly!

After attending the first lecture, I came to realize that this visual communications requires not doodling and mindless sketching but starts with an end in mind. Thus, time needs to be spent not only through conceptualizing... but also series of steps of refining and receiving feedback on prototypes in order to achieve the desired outcome.

At the end of the day (this semester), I hope to...

Develop the ability to communicate...

...through pictures/visuals...

...effectively to a target audience.

I happened to pass by Art Friend @ Takashimaya on Sunday and was suddenly reminded of the list of must have items to get before the first tutorial.

My first question posed to the sales assistant... "Erhm, what is a clutch pencil huh?"

(-_-)"

Nonetheless, after a little struggle, I managed to purchase the essential items.

These are my "priceless" (actually not priceless... very expensive!) tools...



Items bought:

01 x set of drawing pencils of various hardness
01 x clutch pencil
01 x felt-tip pen (black)
01 x fine-tip pen (black)
01 x set of 12 (minimum) color felt tip markers (assorted colours)
01 x A4 size hardcover drawing book
01 x 12" steel ruler

At home got, no need to buy items:

01 x eraser
01 x cutter
01 x pair of scissors

No comments: